Sunday, April 20, 2008

SHOPPING EXTRAVAGANZA

In the last several weeks I have been reading this amazing blog on how to save tons of money on groceries with coupons and shopping at Walgreens and CVS. These girls are shopping DIVAS!!! They have got saving down to a fine art!
I started cutting coupons out of the paper, finding them on-line and watching the sales papers and I was well prepared for todays adventure.
It had been 3 weeks since I had bought groceries so my cabinets and frig were getting sorta bare.
I started out going to Wal-greens where I had dropped off one of my two ink cartridges to be re-filled free this week (one at one store and one at another) which was $25 worth of ink refills. While there I bought some grocery items, cleaning products, paper goods, health & beauty aids and I bought $126.80 worth of items for...................$69.59. YIPEE!!!! I saved $57.21!
Then Publix had some great things on Buy 1 Get 1 Free so I hit there as well. I go to another local store for my meats and a few other items and then onto Wal-Mart.
I found a steal there on some frozen Chicken Cordon Bleu. It was packaged two to a box and is regularly priced at $3.59, it was marked down to $1.00, I got 6 boxes and I had 2-$1.00 coupons so I got over $21.00 worth of chicken for $4.00! HELLO!!!!!!

By the time I got home I had been to five different stores, all within 5 miles and I came home with over $440.00 worth of groceries for only $297.00.
I am now a Honorary Member of the Shopping Divas!!!!! It can only get BETTER!!!

0 comments: