Thursday, May 8, 2008

COUPON CLIPPING AND CVS!

I started using coupons and CVS on April 20, 2008 (just 3 weeks) and between CVS, WALGREENS, PUBLIX and WINN DIXIE, I have brought home $951.25 worth of groceries for a whopping $243.41! That is
I will NEVER shop without coupons again. We won't even go out to eat without a coupon. People.......these little pieces of paper you clip and find laying around are MONEY!!! Use them. I don't care how rich you are or think you are, or how busy you are ........use them.

Yesterday I went to Winn Dixie to take advantage of their BOGO sale and what a sale it was. I also had 2 coupons for free items totaling about $10.00 and another $.75 cent mc on Duke's mayo plus Winn Dixie had a $10.00 off $75.oo coupon in their ad. The cashier check me out, not a happy lady, and she kept commenting on the fact that all I bought was BOGO. Not true. I had several other items but I had coupons for them. When she finished scanning my items I handed her my coupons and she had to have a manager come help her with them (?). After she totaled me up minus coupons she looked at my BIG book of coupons I had laying open on top of my bag , She said:"Is that your coupons?" (very sarcastically) I smiled real BIG and said "YES!"

Cashier: "How do you do that?"
Me: "I search the internet, visit web-sites, print and cut coupons, cut coupons out of the paper and watch the sales ads".
Cashier: "Well (with the Green-monster eyes) I don't have time for that! I have to work 5 days a week, go home clean house and then work some more."
Me: "I don't work. I keep house and I do this in order to stretch my food budget. This is my job. My house my not always be clean but my family has food on the table."
Cashier: "Well I just don't have time for that. I too busy! Your total is $104.53 and you have saved $118.09!" She circles my savings total. Then she says: "I've worked here 4 years and I have never seen anyone save that much money at one time. Your family must LOVE you!" The whole time she was talking to me she had a sarcastic tone to her voice and this irritated look in her eyes.
Me: "It wasn't me." I pointed up and I said with a great BIG smile: "It was God!" and I walked out.

When I left there I went right across the street to Publix and I saw a sign on their door that said they would take Winn Dixie's $10 off $75 coupon. I wasn't going to spend that much in there or I would have gone back across the street, picked up a sales paper and used it also.
A savings of $708.04 about 70%. I am also waiting on a $4o.00 rebate check to come in.

To think of the money I could have been saving in the 22 years Danny and I have been married if I had been doing this all along. MIND BLOWING. Hundreds of thousands of dollars. WOOOOOOOOO!!!

0 comments: