Wednesday, July 9, 2008

IT PAYS TO ASK!


Yesterday I was out doing a little shopping with my coupons and while in Food World I noticed they had all of their Pantene Shampoo and Conditioners on for $1.99 with your Food World Card. I had 2 of the $1.50 off one Pantene item so that meant they would be $.49 each. HELLO!! I grabbed a third one for good measure because this stuff is usually $4.99 each. When I went to check out they rang up $4.99 each and I immediately told the cashier that they were on sale $1.99. He agreed with me and said that he had just been back there to check for another customer. I told him that I had just read on-line that at Publix if you catch them ring something up at the wrong price that their policy says you get it FREE!! He said that he knew that and that Kroger does the same thing. He had to call the manager over to fix the over charge so we asked her if she would honor Publix policy.......she laughed and said no but that she would let me have one of them free and she fixed the other two to where they were $1.99 each. So after my free bottle and my 2 $1.50 mq., I got $14.97 worth (3 bottles) Pantene Conditioner for $.98!!!

8 comments:

Shionge said...

It certainly pays to ask Vickie, good deal :D

~Crystal~ said...

Woo Hoo! Good stuff! It sure feels good to get something for nothing.

Jamie said...

If you're planning on going back, don't bother. I already bought everything they had. Just kidding! :)

Hopeful said...

hi!! I saw your page...and thought it was awesome!! haha...i love your little tips on saving money!! Have you been to the website, www.mommysavesbig.com ? You can get free printable coupons on all kinds of things!!!

native-nc said...

Hey, I need you to come & mentor me on saving money or at least join me on ONE trip so I can save some big bucks. You've got a good eye!

Gretchen said...

I got new pics up

Anonymous said...

I got a similar deal at Winn Dixie only it was on the Pert shampoo. I had a $1.00 coupon and a $2.00 coupon. They had the shampoo (reg. $4.99) on sale for $1.99. I got one bottle for .99 and made a penny on the other bottle. I was tickled. dd

Anonymous said...

WOW !! mommysavesbig.com is awesome, love their printable coupons, and freebies. thanks for the link