Friday, August 1, 2008

Missin' my knittin'!


I haven't knitted anything in almost 3 months and didn't realize how much I missed it until today.

My brother-in-law had open heart surgery this morning and so we had a huge family gathering at the hospital during his surgery. I carried my tote bag with some yarn, knitting needles, crochet hook, my Bible, a novel, a couple Christian magazines, protein bars, bottle of water and a pair of socks. You would have thought that I was there to stay a while. The only thing I pulled out of my bag was the water of course, took two bites off one protein bar, read a chapter in Isaiah and took out my knitting needles and yarn and played with it for a while. At first I got a little panicked because I sorta forgot how to cast on and I know several ways to do it but it took me a few minutes for it to come to me. Don't like that. Once I got started it was smooth sailing and I didn't realize till then how much I missed it. I LOVE to work with my hands. So relaxing. Since my cabinets and closets are stock-piled from CVS I can stop obsessing on CVS and get back to knitting. Not saying I won't CVS at least once a week, as a matter of fact I went today on the way home from the hospital, just won't be working on scenerios all the time. My brain needs a little vacation: some good ole knittin' time!

1 comments:

Gretchen said...

Don't forget to show off what ya do :)

Got new pics up. Doing better at keeping my blog up :)