Sunday, September 7, 2008

What an HONOR!!




My niece, Bonnie, is a nurse at a local Children's Hospital and recently was given the opportunity to go to Honduras and work at a Orphanage there. She asked for donations of clothes and toiletries etc. for them to take to bless these children with. I went to my CVS stash and filled several bags with goodies and then I decided to send five little dresses that I had recently made for my grand-daughter that I think she may have wore once each and she quickly outgrew.
Bonnie came home with stories of how excited these little girls were to get these dresses and it just filled my heart with JOY! She also told of a little Downs boy who she gave a Power Rangers toothbrush to that I sent as well and how excited he was to have it. I was overwhelmed with emotions when I saw these pictures. How BLESSED we are!
She is planning on going back some time this winter I think and I'm hoping to have some more things made to send with her. What a BLESSING it is to be able to be a part of this.

5 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

I love this!

Bonnie said...

I wish you all could have been there to experience the gratefulness these children expressed from receiving these gifts! Thank you so much for sharing! bg

Gretchen said...

So awesome

Shionge said...

How exciting indeed Vickie and look at those lovely smiles...wonderful :D

Staci said...

That is so cool.