Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Present from my Talented husband.

See how HAPPY I am! Danny, my super talented husband, asked me what I wanted for Christmas. Well, he's business is Ornamental Iron and I told him I wanted him to build me a headboard for our kingsize bed. We've never had one and I want something that he built with his own two hands. He told me to design it and he would build it and ........HE DID!!

Here she is with my new Quilt bedspread that Santa paid for. It is called Peach Garden!

Here's a better view of the headboard. She weighs almost 200 lbs and is bolted to the wall. I wanted it the color of Pewter but it looks more like Battleship Gray which I'm not too fond of. We are going to paint it a Antique White more like French Vanilla and I will antique it. I want it to look like it's a 100 years old. I LOVE old things; antiques! I am also going to be looking for two old bedside tables to go on each side of the bed.
I LOVE MY BED!

9 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Yay!!!!!! Jamie & I saw ALL kinds of stuff on Thursday, that I know Danny can make. I took pictures of a few things.

Staci said...

Wow that is awesome! My dad can do some of that kind of work, but nothing that intriquite. Its beautiful. WAY to go Danny!

Nanci said...

Whoa, Vickie,
That is phenomenal!!! You are married to one talented man.

I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT. In fact, I think I'm almost coveting it. (Shame on me.) I love the quilt, too. They just go perfect together.

Crystal was right! You DID NEED to post that!

Jamie said...

HOw lucky are you to be married to such a talented man!! Phenominal work, Danny!

Shionge said...

Oh Wow, this is so cool and sentimental Vickie. I can see why you would want to laze in your bed a little longer too :)

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I didn't know he did that kind of work - what talent! I may be calling him to do something for my house! (Janet)

Sarah said...

What a beautiful bed! Your husband is so talented. You think he would want to make me one and ship it to Canada? Haha,

Free Is Fun said...

That's so cool. I found your blog on ring around a blog

Rachlea said...

Oh My Goodness I am totally in love with your BED!!! And how special that your hubby has made it with his own two hands.(what talent he has!) Now you have a Family Heirloom that can be passed down to the next generation. I love the Bedclothes as well.